May 22, 2013
5 Chelsea Place, Clifton Park, NY 12065 • 518-881-0600
• School supply requests for students in grades K-5 may vary from grade level to grade level but should not exceed a $30 limit (including special areas such as art and music).
• The $30 limit does not include backpack or large book bag; sneakers, swimsuit and towel for PE; a recorder for music used in Grades 3-6 (cost approximately $6.00) and shirt for art.
• A list of acceptable supply requests has been developed by the district (see below). Grade levels for each school may ask for any of these items as long as the total request is less than $30. The list only includes personal, consumable items.
• All left over items will be sent home at the end of the year.
• In some instances, brand quality is important. Examples of the brands that may be specifically requested by teachers are: Crayola Crayons—not Rose Art; Ticonderoga Pencils (the sharpeners seem to “eat” the less expensive brands); Ziploc bags (they are sturdier than other bags); Recorders – prefer not First Act brand, dollar store, etc. Low quality recorders are often off-pitch.
• The pace at which students use consumable items may vary. With that in mind, a teacher may request that parent/guardian replenish certain supplies for their child (i.e. pencils) throughout the year.
• Non-consumable items (i.e. scissors, rulers, headphones) will be purchased as classroom sets by the district.
• Teachers may request up to $10 during the course of the year for special projects that will complement the curriculum or for student recognition activities. Grade level activity accounts must be established with the district for deposit and use of these funds.
• Schools may create a "giving tree" for voluntary donations of certain supplies to be used in the classroom throughout the year.
• Each grade level may use the building textbook allocation fund to purchase one magazine/newspaper subscription for each student for the school year.
• If you are unable to find a specific item listed on the grade-level supply list, you may substitute a comparable item.
All types of folders: Heavy duty, pocket,
laminated, flexible vinyl, no metal in middle, prongs in the center,
Portfolio - accordion expandable;
Three ring binders – any size
Ziploc bags for transporting projects and assignments- any size
Pencil/Pen storage – any kind (zippered pouch, plastic box, spacemaker, etc.)
Package of Dixon Ticonderoga #2 pencils
Pens – any style (ball point, erasable, fine tip, etc.), any color (blue, black, red, etc.)
Block erasers- pink or gum
Small pencil sharpener
Composition notebook (marble- wide rule)
Loose leaf paper (wide ruled or college)
Any size spiral notebooks (1 subject, 3 subject, etc.)
3X5 lined index cards
3x5 unlined index cards
Box of Crayola crayons
Box of jumbo crayons
Box of washable skinny markers--Crayola or Mr. Sketch
Box of washable thick markers--Crayola or Mr. Sketch
Box of Crayola Colored Pencils
Fine tip sharpies
Glue stick – jumbo or small
Dry erase markers – low odor
Book covers (stretchable, paper, extra large,
Standard elementary dictionary to be used for homework